This has been Brought to you by Paul Conti – RE/MAX Gold – 916-677-7446. After 43 Years Selling Real Estate, we have encountered all of these and more and wanted to share them with you.
“If You or A Friend or Relative Needs Our Services”
88 Possible Types of Turbulence or Stunts You
Could Encounter… When Buying or Selling a Home
Buying or selling a home is like taking an airline flight across the country. When you start on your trip, you have no idea how the trip will go. Neither does the pilot. You could run into 88 different types of turbulence, or other passengers on the trip could pull stunts on you. Ideally, you should have a smooth flight and land on time. Certainly, the pilot will try to use his or her experience to navigate around the storms and go for the smoothest flight plan, but if they’re honest, they can’t promise a turbulent-free trip. Their job is to get you to your destination in the least time and with the least
aggravation, while keeping you informed throughout the trip. Attached is a somewhat humorous list of the 88 different types of turbulence or stunts we might run into. This list is not all encompassing, but it catches most of the common issues we might run into. While some of the items are “picky” to some, they are very real and fearful to others.
Please take a few minutes to review the list.
As a REALTOR, we see ourselves as the pilot of your plane. Our job is to assist you in getting your home sale on time and with the fewest aggravations. We can’t promise you no turbulence, or that other parties to the transaction won’t try and pull a few stunts, but I can promise you that I’ll utilize my experience and expertise to take you on the smoothest flight that we can. And if we do hit turbulence, we won’t bail out on you. We’ll be your teammate throughout the flight, until we get you safely to your destination. Rest assured your advocacy is our number one goal, after 40 years selling real estate, we can handle these turbulences and many time head them before they happen. Experience make things smooth and easy. Never hire an amateur or a friend who sells may one home or a few per year. This means you must be delighted with the product and service we deliver beyond your expectations during the process. As always, should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call Paul.
All our best,
Paul & Ginger Conti, CRS, IRDN
P.S. We love referrals and we rely on your recommendations and endorsements to family members, friends and co-workers who are like you, and who would enjoy receiving the level of service we are providing you! That’s why we give 110%
88 Possible Types of Turbulence or Stunts You Could Encounter… See Why You Need an Expert!
1. Does not tell the truth on the loan application.
2. Submits incorrect information to the lender.
3. Has recent late payments on credit report.
4. Found out about additional debt after loan application.
5. Borrower loses job.
6. Co-borrower loses job.
7. Income verification lower than what was stated on loan application.
8. Overtime income not allowed by underwriter for qualifying.
9. Applicant makes large purchase on credit before closing.
10. Illness, injury, divorce or another financial setback during escrow.
11. Lacks motivation.
12. Gift donor changes mind.
13. Cannot locate divorce decree.
14. Cannot locate petition or discharge of bankruptcy.
15. Cannot locate tax returns.
16. Cannot locate bank statements.
17. Difficulty in obtaining verification of rent.
18. Interest rate increases, and borrower no longer qualifies.
19. Loan program changes with higher rates, points and fees.
20. Child support not disclosed on application.
21. Borrower is a foreign national.
22. Bankruptcy within the last 2 years.
23. Mortgage payment is double the previous housing payment.
24. Borrower/co-borrower does not have steady 2-year employment history.
25. Borrower brings in handwritten pay stubs.
26. Borrower switches to job requiring probation period just before closing.
27. Borrower switches to job from salary to 100% commission income.
28. Borrower/co-borrower/seller dies.
29. Family members or friends do not like the home buyer chooses.
30. Buyer is too picky about property in price range they can afford.
31. Buyer feels the house is misrepresented.
32. Veterans DD214 form not available.
33. Buyer has spent money needed for down payment and closing costs and
comes up short at closing.
34. Buyer does not properly “paper trail” additional money that comes from
gifts, loans, etc.
35. Does not bring cashier’s check to title company for closing costs and
The Seller: (A pit fall for a buyer when buying your home)
36. Loses motivation to sell (job transfer does not go through, reconciles
37. Cannot find a suitable replacement property.
38. Will not allow appraiser inside home.
39. Will not allow inspectors inside home in a timely manner.
40. Removes property from the premises the buyer believed was included.
41. Is unable to clear up liens against their property – short on cash to
42. Did not own 100% of property as previously disclosed.
43. Thought getting partners signatures were “no problem,” but they were.
44. Leaves town without giving anyone Power of Attorney.
45. Delays the projected move-out date.
46. Did not complete the repairs agreed to in contract.
47. Seller’s home goes into foreclosure during escrow.
48. Misrepresents information about home & neighborhood to the buyer.
49. Does not disclose all hidden or unknown defects and they are
50. Builder miscalculates completion date of new home.
51. Builder has too many cost overruns.
52. Final inspection on new home does not pass.
53. Seller does not appear for closing and won’t sign papers.
The OTHER Realtor(s):
54. Have no client control over sellers.
55. Delays access to property for inspection and appraisals.
56. Unfamiliar with their client’s financial position – do they have enough
equity to sell, etc.
57. Does not get completed paperwork to the lender in time.
58. Inexperienced in this type of property transaction.
59. Takes unexpected time off during transaction and can’t be reached.
60. Jerks around other parties to the transaction – has huge ego.
61. Does not do sufficient homework on their clients or the property and
wastes everyone’s time.
62. Engineer will not approve septic system or well.
63. Inspection report reveals substantial damage and seller is not willing to
fix or repair.
64. Home was misrepresented as to size and condition.
65. Home is destroyed prior to closing.
66. Home not structurally sound.
67. Home is uninsurable for homeowner’s insurance.
68. Property incorrectly zoned.
69. Portion of home sits on neighbor’s property.
70. Unique home and comparable properties for appraisal difficult to find.
The Escrow/Title Company:
71. Fails to notify lender/agents of unsigned or unreturned documents.
72. Fails to obtain information from beneficiaries, lien holders, insurance
companies, or lenders in a timely manner.
73. Lets principals leave town without getting all necessary signatures.
74. Loses or incorrectly prepares paperwork.
75. Does not pass on valuable information quickly enough.
76. Does not coordinate well, so that many items can be done
77. Does not bend the rules on small problems.
78. Does not find liens or any title problems until the last minute.
79. Is not local and misunderstands the market.
80. Is too busy to complete the appraisal on schedule.
81. No comparable sales are available.
82. Is not on the lender’s “approved list.”
83. Makes important mistakes on appraisal and brings in value too low.
84. Lender requires a second or “review” appraisal.
85. Too “picky” with conditions and “scares” the buyer.
86. Infuriates the seller.
87. Home inspector not available when needed.
88. Inspection reports alarm buyer and sale is cancelled. (Biggest Problem I Have seen)
If you want smooth sailing during your real estate transaction, and a pilot who can bring you in for a safe, smooth landing, trust the Conti Team.
Paul & Ginger Conti 916-677-7446
We have a ton of information to help a buyer or seller.
Homeowner- “30 Questions to Ask Any Realtor Before Signing Anything”
Homeowner- “28 Facts Every Struggling Homeowner Should Know”
Homeowner- “10 Options to Avoid Foreclosure”
Home Buyer- “10 things you should not do when buying a home”
Home Buyer- “Common Myths About Working with Real Estate Agents”
What our clients say:
Paul is a 30+ year seasoned real estate professional who has his client’s best interest at heart. His expertise is unmatched, and his personality is very warm and friendly. Give him the opportunity to win your business and you won’t regret it. Mark S – Citrus Heights
I put my home in the hands of Paul & Ginger Conti and went on vacation and when I came back 10 days later the home sold for more than I wanted. Seth FSBO – Rocklin Ca
We had our home on the market once and nothing happened. My Realtor just wanted to keep lowering the price. And we never had many people come to see our home. But after we listed with the Conti Team, we had 60 couple on one open house two days in a roll. It was amazing. And when the offers came in, we couldn’t believe it. I think we had 12 bids. Jim B- Rocklin Ca
Paul and Ginger were outstanding, thorough, very knowledgeable, creative, and was present through the whole selling process. We highly recommend them. James G- Carmichael Ca
Besides being professionals Paul & Ginger make every effort to make you feel like you are their only clients with such personal attention. Good people and great attention to details. Mike B.
I’ve known Paul and Ginger for some time now and besides being a great guy, he’s a very creative marketer and knows how to get the job done and exceed his client’s expectations! You’ll truly enjoy working with The Conti Team! Steve H.
Paul and Ginger did an outstanding job selling our home. They brought a wealth of experience and advice, patient guidance, technology, and a special thing they do that radically boosted our exposure. They were accessible all the way through the process. I highly recommend them. Chrissy S – Citrus Heights
I have known the Contis for 30 plus year. They are the best of the best. Matt
I have worked with the Conti Team for some time now and they are true professionals and really care about their clients. I have seen their passion for home staging. They are an amazing group. Sara H.
The Conti’s are great people. They are very friendly & helpful in all your needs. Highly recommended!! Moses G.
Really well done! Keep up the good work Conti Real Estate Team! Justin C.
Paul and Ginger Conti sold our house in one day! They are experienced and true professionals! I highly recommend them. Robert J – Citrus Heights
I tried selling myself. After turning it over to the Conti Team I stopped getting all those Realtors from calling and asking to list my home. And all the bargain hunters. I had serval offer and got more than I thought I would get. Ghee that was easy!! Mike- Roseville Ca
If and or when your ready. We would like to add you to this list!
Thank you for taking the time
Paul & Ginger Conti